- Tassos Fragkos won a Northwestern University Presidential Fellowship. This award is a highly competitive and the most prestigious fellowship awarded by Northwestern University. Congratulations!
- A new paper has been submitted to The Astrophysical Journal. “The lowest-mass stellar black holes: catastrophic death of neutron stars in gamma-ray bursts” by K. Belczynski, R. O'Shaughnessy, V. Kalogera, F. Rasio, R. Taam, & T. Bulik
- Vicky Kalogera presented a poster at the IAU Symposium 250 in Kauai, on December 10th, titled “Black Hole formation: Progenitors and Kicks”.
- A new paper has been submitted to The Astrophysical Journal. “Models for Low-Mass X-Ray Binaries in the Elliptical Galaxies NGC3379 and NGC4278: Comparison with Observations” by T. Fragos, V. Kalogera, K. Belczynski, G. Fabbiano, D.-W. Kim, N. J. Brassington, L. Angelini, R. L. Davies, J. S. Gallagher, A. R. King, S. Pellegrini, G. Trinchieri, S. E. Zepf, & A. Zezas
- Ilya Mandel gave a talk at the Gravitational-Wave Data Analysis Workshop in Cambridge, MA, on December 15, titled “Extracting Extreme-Mass-Ratio Inspiral Parameters via Time-Frequency Methods”.