The Center of the Study of Industrial Organization
Management & Strategy Department
My Favorite Artist
Professor of Economics and Marketing
3233 Andersen Hall
Tel: (847) 491-8212
Department of Economics
2001 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-2600
Fax: (847) 491-7001
On leave as Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Economic Analysis at the Department of Justice Antitrust Division
starting April 1, 2013
Supplements to Papers
Coming Soon (or not so soon ...)
Intertemporal Price Discrimination in Storable Goods
Markets, ( latest version) joint with
Igal Hendel, forthcoming in AER.
Do Prices and Attributes Explain International Differences in Food Purchases?, joint with
Pierre Dubois and Rachel Griffith,
forthcoming in AER.
Mergers When Prices Are Negotiated: Evidence from the Hospital Industry, joint with Keith Brand,
Gautam Gowrisankaran, and Robert Town , revision requested by AER.
- Usage-Based Pricing and Demand for Residential Broadband, joint with John Turner and
Why Does the Average Price Paid Fall During High Demand Periods? , joint
with Kostis Hatzitaskos, revision requested by AER.
The Pricing of Academic Journals, joint
- The Elasticity of Substitution Between Time and Market Goods: Evidence from the Great Recession, joint with Arlene Chu.
- Consumer Shopping Behavior and the CPI: Evidence from the Great Recession, joint with Ketan Patel.
- Flexible Estimation of Random Coefficient Discrete Choice Model Using Aggregate Data, joint with Amit Gandhi.
- Habit Formation and Nutrition: Evidence from Consumer Migration, joint with
Pierre Dubois and Rachel Griffith
- Non-Linear Pricing of a Storable Good, joint with
Igal Hendel and